Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is prayer?


Believe it or not, this is me at prayer--praying that I will have both the energy and the expertise to float this newly laid concrete floor in the church in Hato Major, which is located on the outskirts of Santiago, the Dominican Republic.
The temperature was about 95 degrees that day and my knees are not too receptive to being knelt upon much anymore, due to putting in sidewalks 30 years before. But, strengthened by the Lord, I made it to the end--and the floor came out great!
It underscores the point that the Lord is both good and will indeed strengthen us when necessary (Phil. 4:13).
This is my first time back to my blog is a long time. But, along with Trent and some others, we are going to make a foray into this realm--all in the hope that we can tell as many people as possible about the One who makes all things real, unbelievably real and relevant.
We want to explore ways Jesus can be known and followed, all with the hope that others will also endeavor to get the dust of Rabbi Jesus on their robes.